okay you may not need to prepare for a zombie take over...but you NEED to prepare for your spray tan.
After 6 years in the spray tan game & thousands of tans later... we know a thing or two.....or 100. lol
Properly preparing your skin for your tan allows for our luxury products to penetrate & process evenly. SKIN is the largest organ on our body and is affected by a multitude of factors - diet, weather, medication, hormones, products..etc. So lets do what we can to ensure we're bringing a healthy blank canvas to the spray tan room to give you the best results possible.
Simply follow the info below to help us GIVE YOU the tan of your dreams.
BEFORE MY TAN
- Exfoliate 24-48 hours prior with an oil-free body scrub*. Timing is crucial!
- Absolutely no dove soap, dial, Irish spring (any bar soap similar) within 72 hours of your session or after tan! These soaps create a heavy barrier on the skin that disrupts the processing of your tan.
- Make sure to remove any previous self-tanner or spray tan with an exfoliator mitt!
- Avoid using any products high in pH.
- Avoid showering/shaving/using hair products within 12 hours of your session. (If you must shower right before please just rinse with cool water, do not use any products that may cling to the skin and block your tan from developing).
- Do not apply any spray tan barriers day of appointment. No deodorant/lotion/perfume/oils/makeup etc.
- Be prepared to wear loose/dark clothing after spray application.
- Be prepared for weather conditions! Ex: Bring an umbrella and closed-toed shoes if rain is expected!
AFTER MY TAN
- Wait the given amount of processing time until showering. Your artist will instruct you the proper rinse time after your session! This amount of processing time is very important for the proper development of the tan.
- Avoid any activities that may provoke getting wet or sweating while your tan is processing.
- Always wear loose, dark clothing until rinse time. If you are processing over night it is CRUCIAL to wear long loose pants and long loose shirt/sweatshirt to bed!
- Do not apply any lotions, makeup, perfumes etc. to the skin until rinse time.
- When processing time is up, rinse WELL to prevent the cosmetic bronzer (temporary layer) from staining the skin. Rinse until the water is clear and double check for "streaks". If streaks appear, get back in that shower & continue to rinse!
- Avoid the use of any soaps, shaving, hair washing, etc. during your first rinse.
- Aftercare products are CRUCIAL for your tan. A tan extending lotion and a spray tan soap will give your glow the love it deserves. We have everything you need in salon. Or we suggest brands such as la roche-posay, cetaphil & shea moisture.
- Mineral oils, petroleum, alcohol, parabens and sulfates found in most creams and body washes can cause your tan to fade unevenly and prematurely. So be sure to check your product ingredient list!
- Keeping your body moisturized is KEY to keeping the tan hydrated. Hydrated skin makes for an amazing, long-lasting color. Drinking tons of H2O isn’t a bad idea either 😉
- Avoid the use of hot tubs and chlorinated pools!
- Anti-aging products, AHAs (glycolic, lactic, malic & tartaric acids), Retin-A, Tretinoin, Renova, toners, Accutane, salicylic acid & products similar WILL fade your tan quickly.
- If you are a regular tanner, please be sure to exfoliate your tan off prior to a new application! This will ensure amazing, even and long-lasting results!